|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||BC applicants only|
|Accommodation:||Independent, Student Residence||GPA Requirement:||3.0|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||On-Site Staff:||BC Coordinator|
|Minimum Language Requirement:||None||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10009Program Type:
|Deadline:||Early Deadline Program|
Students have the opportunity to take classes in English and Spanish. Although many courses are offered in Catalan, students are required to choose from a range of courses in Spanish and a limited number of courses in English (economics and management only).
On-site Coordinator - BC in Barcelona
Academics & Support
As a BC student, you are required to take a full load of courses at your host institution abroad. BC program participants can refer to the academic policies page for details. For an example of course listings, click here.
For more details about courses at ESADE, please contact the advisor for this program Pat O'Donnell.
- Fall Term: Starts in late August and ends in mid-December
- Spring Term: Starts in early January and ends in late May.
For more information on finances and scholarships, visit OIP’s website.
Students will have the option to cook in the dorm or apartment or eat in the ESADE cafeteria.
Examples of previous BC-sponsored activities from past semesters include:
- Arrival day orientation and lunch
- Walking tour: Gothic and Born Districts
- Barcelona tourist bus
- Cooking workshop
- Walking tour: Gracia District
- Walking tour: Modernist Barcelona and visit to La Pedrera house by Gaudí
- Typical hot chocolate merienda
- Hiking tour around Collserola Mountain
- Visit to Codorniu wine cellars in the Penedés region
- Day trip to Girona and Besalú
- Guided visit to the Modernist Palau de la Musica in Barcelona
- Trip to Granada (Spring) or Toledo (Fall)
- Guided visit to the Jewish Call of Barcelona
- Guided visit to Barcelona History Museum
- Day-trip to Montserrat Mountain
- Las Golondrinas Boat Trip
- Farewell Dinner
No transportation pass provided in the program. Public transportation information can be found here.
Please click on the Apply Now button on this page to submit an online application to OIP. For detailed information on the application process visit the OIP website.
Please note that places on this program are limited and there is no waiting list. Due to the high volume of applications, candidates who are selected typically have a GPA higher than the minimum GPA listed on the program page. Students are encouraged to research a second program as a back-up option. Students interested in applying for this program are strongly encouraged to meet with the appropriate advisor to go over any questions. Many programs with limited spots are early deadline (December 15).Disabilities
Students with disabilities are encouraged to speak with their OIP Advisors about any concerns or questions they may have about studying abroad.